Question from the U.S.A.

W.Bro Dennis Wikkins from Washington State USA asks:

Is your progression to the Royal Arch degree through that of WM?  If so, is it conferred by the symbolic Lodge making 4 degrees?
Or is it a lateral expansion of the 3rd degree? Here in the U.S. the Royal Arch degrees are lateral and do not require progression through the chairs of the symbolic lodge.  

Dennis Wikkins – Washington State Mason

If you know the answer to Dennis’s question then please leave a comment.

One thought on “Question from the U.S.A.

  1. This reply from Ron Atherton Nelson Chapter

    Progress to the Royal Arch degree is qualified by being a Master Mason 4 weeks or upwards and is conferred by a Royal Arch Chapter.The candidate has to be proposed and seconded and balloted for in open Chapter. Progress further in Royal Arch is dependent on the individuals attitude to attendance and involvement in Royal Arch matters and is not automatic by length of time of membership. Royal Arch is not a fourth degree but is regarded as the foundation and keystone of the whole Masonic structure. Passing through the three chairs in Royal Arch enables the Mason to a perfect understanding of the lost secrets of a Mason resulting from HA death.


Leave your comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.